Wednesday, January 5, 2011

new home

The months before graduation were so hectic and stressful, there were a few times that I almost threw in the towel out of shear exhaustion. With a some much appreciated support from a few close friends, I made it through to the other side, dazed, confused, but with degree in hand! Needless to say, I needed a little time off to let my brain heal.

I decided to move back into my parents house so I could save some money and plan for the next stage in my life. Unfortunately, putting my adult life on hold wasn't exactly smooth sailing. Most of the pit falls were easy enough to patch up, but some of them are much harder to come to terms with. Maybe these things were all meant to be. Then again, maybe the answers are waiting just ahead. Only time will tell.

As planned, with the new year came a new living arrangement. Despite my yearning to live somewhere like Seattle or San Francisco, I actually really love my job here in Tacoma, so I decided to stick around for a while longer. My sister and I are now sharing a super cute vintage apartment in the heart of downtown Tacoma. It's the first apartment that either of us have payed for completely on our own. Needless to say, we are very excited for this huge milestone!

Being self sufficient for the first time in an immensely wonderful feeling. Not that I didn't enjoy hanging around my parents house, because that certainly had it's perks; but it's incredibly uplifting to come home to a beautiful place that's truly my own.

So cheers to having a job, a roommate, and a home that I love!

Here are a few photos to help everyone get acquainted with my new place. Forgive the darkness, but daylight is hard to come by this time of year. Maybe I'll capture some this weekend.

here's our 1920's original kitchen, complete with ice box


the pink and turquoise bathroom, matching paisley shower curtain is a must!


the very intimate sitting area with its vintage love seats and Chinese tea tables


and my little boudoir. I haven't been able to hang my art yet since no store in town seems to carry hooks for picture molding. I had to order some from a catalog!

No comments:

Post a Comment